In this article, we will look at how to place bulk orders (multiple orders) on Zerodha KITE, Upstox or AliceBlue. You can place any type of orders (regular order, bracket order, cover order or after market order). You enter order details in an excel file that we provide & then simple click “Place Bulk Order”.
AutoTrader is a single tool that can work with multiple trading platforms, and does NOT require APIs from broker.
Bulk Orders means placing multiple orders with a single click. They are also know as Basket Orders.
This demo was built with AutoTrader, which is now restricted to NOW, NEST & ODIN platforms only.
For trading with Upstox, Zerodha, AliceBlue or Finvasia; please use the next generation AutoTrader-Web. This product also has similar Excel utilities.
A demo of this bulk order utility is available on YouTube.
Step 1 – Start AutoTrader
- Double click on “Start_AT” shortcut.
- AutoTrader screen will open up, click on “Start AutoTrader“
- AutoTrader must be in RUNNING state
Step 2 – Log into KITE (Not required for Upstox & AliceBlue)
- Login to your kite account on (kite.zerodha.com) using Firefox browser only
- If you are using AutoTrader with Upstox or AliceBlue, then there is no need to login
Step 3 – Enter bulk orders details
- The excel is present at location (C:\autotrader\scripts\excel\BulkOrders-WebPlatforms.xlsm)
- To make it easy, you can copy this excel file onto your desktop.
- Open the file, click “Enable Macros” if you get a warning from excel.
- This excel file has 2 sheets (order & validation)
- By default, you will see some sample orders. You can delete these orders.
- Please enter your order details in order sheet.
- Please see validation sheet to understand valid values for columns.
- Symbol should be KITE symbol.
- Quantity should be entered in lot size for derivative contracts.
- Click “Place Bulk Order“
How it works?
- Once you click Place Bulk Order button, then excel macro sends all orders to AutoTrader.
- AutoTrader will validate orders & place then onto KITE, UPSTOX or AliceBlue (depending on which trading platform is set in AutoTrader settings).
- AutoTrader will display success/failure messages on its home screen.
This bulk orders utility is very useful for people who want to trade in multiple stocks. If you do your analysis at the end of every day, then you can use this excel to place bulk AMO (after market order). You can even write formula to automatically populate orders that need to be placed.
As you can see, you can place many orders with just a single click.