This post is only applicable to our existing users who are using our automation product called AutoTrader.
Let us understand the process of migration from AutoTrader to AutoTrader Web.
Should you migrate?
Changing any trading system must be done carefully, hence first understand whether it is the right choice for you to upgrade.
Do NOT migrate if following conditions are applicable
- If you are using datafeed from AutoTrader
- AutoTrader Web does not provide datafeed, you would need to take data from a data vendor
- If you are not comfortable in coding
- We have improved the functions available in AutoTrader Web APIs
- The changes are very small and well documented, but those who are not comfortable with coding should avoid migration
The migration process differs a little based on how you are using AutoTrader. Let us look at each step in detail.
The idea here keep existing AutoTrader based trading system as it is & create a new parallel trading system using AutoTrader Web. There are many advantages of this approach:
- Your existing AutoTrader based trading setup is not affect, so you can continue to trade
- Once your new AutoTrader Web based trading setup is ready and tested, you can easily decommission old AutoTrader based setup
- You can test new AutoTrader Web based trading setup using a different trading account or once your live trading with AutoTrader is over
Setup AutoTrader Web
- You must register on AutoTrader Web
- Create trading accounts*
- Create pseudo accounts*
- Install AutoTrader Web Desktop Client
- The details of integration with Excel are given here
- You need to make a copy of your trading strategy and use new API functions given by AutoTrader Web
- The details of integration with AmiBroker are given here
* If you do not understand the trading and pseudo accounts concept, please read about it on broker independence.
Old vs New Functions
|atStaticVarSetText( Key, Value )||saveStaticVariableText(account, key, value)|
|atStaticVarGetText( Key )||readStaticVariableText(account, key)|
|atStaticVarSet( Key, Value )||saveStaticVariable(account, key, value)|
|atStaticVarGet( Key )||readStaticVariable(account, key)|
The most noticeable difference is the addition of account parameters. You can pass value of pseudo account there or even pass AT_ACCOUNT chart parameter.
Placing of functions has been simplified and there are only 4 functions available for placing an order. The details of which can be found in the API docs.
Once you are done with the setup, you can then test your trading on the new AutoTrader Web platform.
If you face any issues or difficulties, please write a mail to support.
Once you have successfully tested on AutoTrader Web. Please do the following, to make sure your existing license is transferred.
- AutoTrader Web beta release is free
- Write a mail to support, to transfer your license from AutoTrader to AutoTrader Web
- Once the final paid release goes live, we will transfer your remaining license to AutoTrader Web
- Remaining days will be calculated from the day we receive you transfer request to the expiry date of your license