When we double click “Start – AT” shortcut, AutoTrader command window shows errors. Web page localhost:8080 shows following error:
ERROR 404: This localhost page can’t be found
There could be many reasons for this, so you need to the solutions given below in order.
If you are running it for the first time, then your installation might have missed some files, try reinstalling.
- Delete folder C:\autotrader if you want to do a fresh install
- Setup downloads files of around 200 mb, so make sure your internet connection is good
Your anti-virus or firewall must be blocking it. Add an exception to AutoTrader process (C:\autotrader\jre\bin\autotrader.exe) in your anti-virus as well as windows firewall.
- Go to Windows Settings -> Network & Internet -> Windows Firewall -> Allow an app through firewall
- Click Change Settings
- Search for Java(TM) Platform & tick both Private & Public columns. See image below:
Go to AutoTrader Command window and press enter. Right click on this window, click properties.
In “Edit Options”, untick “Quick Edit Mode”.
Make sure you are connected to the internet. AutoTrader needs internet connection on startup to verify license.
Connect to internet, stop AutoTrader using (Stop – AT) shortcut & start it again using (Start – AT) shortcut.
If you are using VPN, then please uninstall it. Because it might cause AutoTrader license check to fail.
Solution 6 (Windows 7 Users)
AutoTrader installation script fails on some older versions of Windows 7. Try following:
- Download this file
- Save/Copy it in folder (C:\autotrader\setup)
- Re-run AutoTrader Setup
- The setup should complete now
- Go to C:\autotrader\scripts
- Right click on start.bat file (Send to -> Desktop (Create shortcut))
- Right click on stop.bat file (Send to -> Desktop (Create shortcut))
- Make sure you run both shortcuts as administrator