In this article, we will look at how to get realtime price & other data into Excel. You can get realtime prices & other information from NSE, BSE & MCX.
This article is for NOW, NEST & ODIN trading platforms. These platform have an option to link Market Watch to Excel.
You can use live data for your analysis of stocks.
You must have NOW, NEST or ODIN trading terminals. Please ask your broker to get these terminals.
- Start your trading terminal (NOW, NEST or ODIN) as administrator (Run as administrator).
- Add all the stocks (scrips) which you need into your market watch.
- Right click on Market Watch header row to add/remove columns based on your needs
- Start Microsoft Excel (Run as administrator).
- Create a new excel & save it
- You can even open an existing excel, if you need data in your existing file
- Right click in your Market Watch -> Link to Excel -> All Items
- NOW & ODIN terminals also have similar options
- Right click on the first cell in excel (top – left) & click Paste.
- That’s it, you have live ticking data into excel.
A quick way to get live data into excel, which then can be used for analysis & trading.