In this article, we will look at how to automatically place orders in bulk at a specific time. Many users would find this useful as a common requirement among traders is to automatically place orders when market starts at 9:15 am.
A demo of this process is available on YouTube
This demo was built with AutoTrader, which is now restricted to NOW, NEST & ODIN platforms only.
For trading with Upstox, Zerodha, AliceBlue or Finvasia; please use the next generation AutoTrader-Web. This product also has similar Excel utilities.
AutoTrader installation comes with sample excel files that we will use for automatically placing bulk orders at a predefined time. These excel files are same as your normal excel and you can even write excel formulas to populate orders. Feel free to make as many copies of these files as you need.
Sample excel files are available at path (C:\autotrader\scripts\excel). All excel files have time based settings:
- BulkOrders-WebPlatforms – This is for web based trading platforms (Zerodha KITE, Upstox Web, AliceBlue, Finvasia Scalpert etc.)
- All other excel files are suited for desktop trading terminals (NOW, NEST, ODIN)
1. Start AutoTrader & make sure it is in RUNNING status
2. Open the excel file that is applicable to the trading platform (see above)
3. Fill up the order sheet with all the orders you want to send (see image below)
4. Go to settings sheet and enter the time at which you want orders to go in cell B1 (see image below)
5. Click the Start Timer button. You will see the timer starting, which shows time remaining.
6. As soon as your specified time is reached; orders will automatically be sent to AutoTrader which in turn will place them automatically onto your trading platform.
If you face any issues, kindly contact support.
Image: Order data
Image: Setup order time