In this article, we will look at how to automatically place orders in bulk at a specific time. Many users would find this useful as a common requirement among traders is to automatically place orders when market starts at 9:15 am.
A demo of this process is available on YouTube
This demo was built with AutoTrader, which is now restricted to NOW, NEST & ODIN platforms only.
For trading with Upstox, Zerodha, AliceBlue or Finvasia; please use the next generation AutoTrader-Web. This product also has similar Excel utilities.
You need to install AutoTrader-Web software. For more details, kindly read documentation for Excel utilities.
AutoTrader installation comes with sample excel files that we will use for automatically placing bulk orders at a predefined time. These excel files are same as your normal excel and you can even write excel formulas to populate orders. Feel free to make as many copies of these files as you need.
Sample excel files are available at path (C:\autotrader\scripts\excel). All excel files have time based settings:
- BulkOrders-WebPlatforms – This is for web based trading platforms (Zerodha KITE, Upstox Web, AliceBlue, Finvasia Scalpert etc.)
- All other excel files are suited for desktop trading terminals (NOW, NEST, ODIN)
1. Start AutoTrader & make sure it is in RUNNING status
2. Open the excel file that is applicable to the trading platform (see above)
3. Fill up the order sheet with all the orders you want to send (see image below)
4. Go to settings sheet and enter the time at which you want orders to go in cell B1 (see image below)
5. Click the Start Timer button. You will see the timer starting, which shows time remaining.
6. As soon as your specified time is reached; orders will automatically be sent to AutoTrader which in turn will place them automatically onto your trading platform.
If you face any issues, kindly contact support.
Image: Order data
Image: Setup order time
Hi I am Murali from bangalore
I would like to know the details of the software
And need to subscribe
RegardsNovember 16, 2019 at 3:55 pm
Please go through following link:November 21, 2019 at 12:06 pm
I have created a virtual machine in google clouds and started the link with autotrader with the zerodha kite.. As google clouds doesn’t have the windows excel in it.. So trying to use the WPS spreadsheet for it..
But the macros are not enabled for it to place orders through the wps excelDecember 1, 2019 at 10:08 am
You can install excel on windows cloud.December 2, 2019 at 3:51 am
I am trying out autotrader on trial period to see if it suits my requirement before I go for paid version. I would like to know which excel to be used for placing the Call/Put options buy / writing trades. There is no macro on the excel – autotrader options buy call put.December 16, 2019 at 4:58 am
All types of contracts can be traded from the files inside this path (C:\autotrader\scripts\excel). Do not use excels inside the ‘old’ folder.December 16, 2019 at 1:30 pm
Thank you ! I will try ‘BulkOrders -Webplatforms’ to fire orders to Kite on the Options writing /Buying ! please correct me if a different one is to be used !December 17, 2019 at 2:19 am
I AM NEW TRADER TO MAKE LITTLE AMOUNT FROM STOCK / OPTION. INSTALLATION AND SETTING DONE FROM YOUR END?August 22, 2020 at 9:12 am
You need to do everything by yourself. All help material is there on our website. If you face any problems, you can avail email or whatsapp support which is free.
https://stocksdeveloper.in/autotrader-webAugust 23, 2020 at 4:00 pm
Hi , is there any option for bulk trade on autotrader web ?September 2, 2020 at 12:19 pm
Yes, there are 3 different excel tools built for custom purposes. Please use them, see the link below:
Excel Library or ToolsSeptember 3, 2020 at 1:03 am