Stocks Developer also referred as “company” in this document, was started with a vision to give retail clients an edge in the world of algorithmic trading. Consistently making money in the markets is extremely difficult. It takes enormous amount of hard work & skills to setup and run a consistently profitable algorithmic setup. We try our best to make everyday tasks easy for traders, but it does not mean that we don’t expect them to work hard. They must be keen to learn new features, explore automation products, put efforts to understand how markets work.
We do not want clients who are looking to make easy money.
If you are willing to put your heart into Trading & keen to explore this world of Automated Trading. Then you are most welcome & we will do the best we can for you.
We are professionals looking to earn money by hard work. Do not expect sweet marketing words from us. The world of trading is extremely difficult to survive & everybody here is looking to take money out of your pocket. That is the fact, accept it.
Stocks Developer is a technology company & we are purely focused on providing software solutions and technical consultation. We do not provide any kind financial advice or tips, as we are not authorized to do that.
Traders/investors make trading decision based on their experience, knowledge and strategies.
This End User License Agreement (EULA) is a legal agreement between You and Stocks Developer. The EULA governs your use of the Stocks Developer software and services.
Company grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferrable, limited right to install and use our software. You agree to use our products and service strictly in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of the License, the Usage Rules & guidelines and any Service agreements.
Restrictions on use
You shall use the application strictly in accordance with the terms of the Related Agreements and shall not:
- Decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, or decrypt the Application
- Make any modifications, adaptations, improvement, enhancement, translation or derive work from the Application
- Violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations in connection with Your access or use of the application
- Remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice (including any notice of copyright or trademark) of Company
- Use the Application for creating a product, service or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way substitute for any services, product or software offered by Company
- Breach any of the limits, restrictions or guidelines defined in the product documentation
You and Company acknowledge and agree that, in the event of a third-party claim that the Application or your possession or use of the Application infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights. You (and not Company) will be responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such claim of intellectual property infringement. You will, however promptly notify Company in writing of such a claim.
Company may, in it’s sole and absolute discretion, at any time and for any or no reason, suspend or terminate this License and the rights afforded to You hereunder shall terminate automatically, without any notice or other action by Company. Upon the termination of this License, You shall cease all use of the Application and uninstall the Application.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You acknowledge and agree that the application is provided on “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, and that your use of or reliance upon the Application and any third-party content and services accessed thereby is at your sole risk and discretion. Company and its affiliates, partners and licencors hereby disclaim any and all representations, warranties and guarantees regarding the Application and third-party content and services, whether expressed, implied or statutory, and including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Furthermore, Company and its affiliates, partners and licensors make no warranty that:
- The application or third-party content and services will meet your requirements
- The application or third-party content and services will be uninterrupted, accurate, reliable, timely, secure or error-free
- The quality of any products, services, information or other material accessed or obtained by You through the Application will be as represented or meet your expectations
- Any errors in the Application or third-party and services content will be corrected.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Company, Application or otherwise shall create any warranty, representation or guarantee not expressly stated in this agreement.
Limitation of Liability
We and any Affiliated Party shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage of any kind resulting in any way from (a) any errors in or omissions from the Application, website or any services or products obtainable therefrom, (b) the unavailability or interruption of the Application, website or any features thereof, (c) your use of the Application or website, (d) the content contained on the Application or website, or (e) any delay or failure in performance beyond the control of the Company.
Use of Information
We may allow access to or advertise certain third-party product or service providers (“Merchants”) from which you may purchase certain goods or services. You understand that we do not operate or control the products or services offered by Merchants. Merchants are responsible for all aspects of order processing, fulfilment, billing and customer service. We are not a party to the transactions entered into between you and Merchants. You agree that use of or purchase from such Merchants is AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND BY US, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE WE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE.
AutoTrader support is taken care of by developers. They have a deep understanding of markets & technology. Most of our team has 10-15 years of experience in software development.
IT IS OBVIOUS THAT IT COSTS A LOT TO US TO PROVIDE HIGH QUALITY SUPPORT. Support is a free service, but it is only provided to selected customers who maintain professional behavior while interacting with the support team & make sure they reach us only after going through online help. For all others, each support ticket would cost 3,000/- INR (which includes a maximum of 15 mins of on-call support).
Support team deals with functionality provided by our software. Following items are NOT covered under support:
- Any Development related queries, requests or code changes
- Issues related to other software (AmiBroker, Browser, Excel etc.)
- Clients must go through online help first before approaching support
- All support queries must come through email email@example.com
- If any issue requires a development change, then it would be resolved as per our priorities
- We follow NSE exchange holidays
- On-call support is an optional paid service (which has additional charges apart from license cost).
- We give free on-call assistance at times, once we have made sure that the issue is genuine Application fault and the user has tried all online help as well as email support without success
Risks of Automation
Automated trading has its own risks. The major risk is bugs in user’s strategies, because strategy code takes actions & our Application simply executes those actions. Our applications has been extensively tested, but it may still have bugs. Sometimes broker’s systems may not function as expected. Infrastructure issues like loss of internet can also have adverse effects. There could be many reasons for failures. Stocks Developer is not responsible for any losses or gains to the users due to reasons mentioned previously or any unforeseen circumstances.
Users are strongly advised to test their systems thoroughly before making them live & also supposed to monitor the system during live trading. Users are also strongly advised to start with a very small amount in their trading account & gradually increase it as they become more & more comfortable with our applications.
Payment options are available here:
- The amount paid will not be refunded, because users are already given free trial period to evaluate the Application
- Any discrepancy in payment or license should be notified to us within 2 working days
- We are not responsible if users make payment to wrong account by mistake
- We strongly advise users to make a small payment first to confirm that the account is correct
AutoTrader Web & AutoTrader software suite is intellectual property of Stock Developer. The client agrees not to claim any such ownership in the Software’s intellectual property at any time.
Legality of Automated or Algorithmic Trading in India is a gray area. The most relevant legal document we could find is here.
Exchanges define automated or algorithmic trading as a service in which automated algorithms are provided to the clients. We are simply an API provider. You can build your both manual and automated trading systems on top of our APIs. Our API simply places an order to broker’s trading platform. From trading platform, the order goes to broker’s OMS (Order Management System), which performs all risk checks before forwarding the order to the exchange. So, it is similar to a user placing an order from their stock broker’s trading platform.
Algorithmic trading can be risky, if your algorithmic setup has bugs. The primary reason for having restrictions on algorithmic trading is the lack of knowledge among retail clients about the risks involved in this area. Having said that, looking at the amount that most retail traders trade with; the possibility of their algorithm affecting the market is small. The discussion of the risks is beyond the scope of this article.
Our tools are built for automation, which helps reduce manual work & give our users an edge in the ever-growing algorithmic trading market.
Our application supports both modes semi & fully automated trading. Users can use any mode of their choice. It is the responsibility of the users to get necessary approvals if they plan to do fully automated trading.
You agree that the trading accounts you trade into via our software are owned by you or you have the necessary approvals to trade in them. If you are trading on behalf of others, then you will not only take necessary approvals but will also follow all rules and regulations as applicable by all stock market regulators. You agree that our system is built for ease of trading & it is beyond our system’s control to verify all regulatory requirements are fulfilled by You. Hence, You agree that it is your responsibility to follow all the necessary stock market rules & regulations specified by your stock broker, stock exchanges, SEBI and any other stock market regulators. In case You breach these rules & regulations, You (and not Company) will be responsible for the offence, investigation, defence, settlement and discharge.
Users can make complaints on our support email. However, Company holds the right to make a final decision on any dispute.
# Company holds the right to change the terms and conditions when deemed necessary.