In this article, we will look at how to install AutoTrader on Google cloud. You can use any cloud (virtual machine) provider of your choice.
You need to open an account with any of the cloud (virtual machine) providers.
A cloud machine has various advantages, and it’s discussion is beyond the scope of this article. We are made a list of few major advantages:
- 99.9% uptime (You don’t need to keep your laptop/desktop running all the time)
- No network or internet issues
The AutoTrader installation procedure on any cloud platform is more or less same. You are free to use any cloud provider of your choice like AWS or Google cloud.
We recommend Google cloud for following reasons.
- One year free trial offer (As of Feb-2019)
- Best in class hardware & network
- Data center in Mumbai (fastest connectivity)
- Ease of use
Register on https://cloud.google.com/
Create a windows VM
AutoTrader needs a Windows machine, so let us create one.
- Go to google cloud console
- On menu bar, click “Compute Engine” -> “VM Instances”
- Click on “Create Instance” button
- Please see below configuration, you can keep other settings to their default values.
- Operating System: Windows Server 2019 Datacenter (with Desktop experience)
- Click create button at the bottom.
Setup Machine Access
- Set up windows username & passward (see below screenshot).
- It will show you a default user name, which will be your gmail account id, we recommend to use the same.
- It will auto-generate password, please save it somewhere safe.
- Once the password is generated, use the “Download the RDP file” option.
- You can use the RDP file to login to your virtual machine
- Once your virtual machine is ready, then your log in to machine using windows remote desktop (mstsc)
- Install Google Chrome (If internet explorer does not allow you to download setup of chrome, then download it on your local pc & copy setup file to could pc)
- Make google chrome default browser, by going to chrome settings
- Install AmiBroker (if required)
- You can download the setup of AutoTrader from our website & run it.
- Start your Virtual Machine
- Remote Login to VM
- Start AmiBroker (if required)
- Start AutoTrader
- Let the system auto-trade for the day
- Once trading is finished, make sure to shutdown the machine (to save VM charges)
How to set correct Indian Standard Time?
Windows 10 2019 has a bug, due to which TimeZone change from UI does not work. Please do the following:
1. Go to windows Date & Time settings, and set them as per screenshot below:
2. Start windows Powershell & run following command:
Set-TimeZone -Name “India Standard Time”
You can verify the timezone by following command:
How to Keep Desktop Always Active?
This is only required, if you using a Desktop Trading terminal (NOW/NEST/ODIN). This is NOT required for web based trading terminals like (Kite, Upstox, AliceBlue, NowOnline).
If you disconnect from a VM, then trading automation does not work with Desktop Trading terminals like (NOW/NEST/ODIN); this is because windows will terminal your active desktop.
- Download keep-desktop-active.ps1 file on your virtual machine Desktop
- Open the file in a text editor
- Replace the windows-user-name with your windows login name in the file
- Go to windows Task Scheduler
- Create a new Task (See screenshot 1 below). Make sure “Run with highest privileges” is checked
- On Triggers tab, create a new trigger (See screenshot 2 below)
- On Actions tab, create a new action (See screenshot 3 below)
- Action: Start a program
- Program: PowerShell
- Add Arguments: %userprofile%\Desktop\keep-desktop-active.ps1 > %userprofile%\desktop\desktop-active-log.txt
Looking for autotrader software as well as paid training/demo.
can this paid demo be valid for future support, since we are planning to implement the same in cloud as well.
Please give a quotation for 1 month / 3months / 6months for auto trader software. Contact me for further discussion.February 6, 2019 at 9:10 am
Please make a payment of 2,000/- for demo using following link & call us on: 9049208913
https://stocksdeveloper.in/how-to-payFebruary 6, 2019 at 1:55 pm
Hi, Can you please install and train me for use of autotrader i am willing to pay required fee.
please let me know the time required for this activity so that we can plan in advance.March 6, 2019 at 8:03 am
I need your setup and also a profitable strategy (amibroker code) to trade intraday on banknifty-fut. I have Kite and Upstox both. Mob 9804009290March 24, 2019 at 8:41 pm
Please feel free to download and try the software. We do not provide strategies.
AutoTraderMarch 27, 2019 at 6:03 am
1. What are the permission required for individual and for my clients and from where and how?May 14, 2019 at 7:07 pm
2. Can I put orders thru Auto Trader for multiple clients using my sub-broker terminal in one go?
3. Can AT be used be used with nest / odin as with zerodha / upsto? With which it is better?
AutoTrader can be used with NOW/NEST dealer terminal for multiple clients. No specific permissions required from our end, you can talk to your broker for any additional permissions.
We recommend Zerodha Kite, Upstox or AliceBlue; but they are all single user as of now. Soon we will make them support multiple clients.May 24, 2019 at 11:34 am
Can i automate mt4 template buy sell signal.. Can I get. Support from your sideSeptember 24, 2019 at 1:14 pm
You will get email support, on-call support is chargable.September 29, 2019 at 6:53 am
AT is a great solution as far as i know. Though I have not fired orders yet using AT. Just installed it and tested it for RT datafeed into Amibroker.
One small request, It would be great if u can write some support for order firing from NinjaTrader , Arthachitra and Multicharts. I know Amibroker is popular in India but there are people like me who dont use Amibroker (or find it complex). We are right now bound to trade using Amibroker (as most of the automation softwares provide support for it only.) so rescue us.
Regards,..November 2, 2019 at 6:26 pm
Please visit this: connecting to AutoTrader from any charting or custom softwareNovember 8, 2019 at 7:08 am
Hi Team, Getting the following message while creating Windows VM in google, “Windows VM instances are not included with the free trial. To use them, first enable billing on your account. Youll still be able to apply your free trial credits to eligible products and services”. I think we cant use google cloud with windows VM in free trial. Any other solution to this??December 15, 2019 at 12:37 pm
They were available earlier, but you might need to enable billing first. Please check google cloud vm pricing page for correct details.December 16, 2019 at 3:39 am
Hi team. I have installed autotrader in Amazon aws windows 10 instance. The VM instance will automatically start and login to windows at 9 am daily. Then i have configured task scheduler to run autotrader at 9.05 am. But after starting AT its taking more than 30 mins to load in the localhost page. If i manually login and run autotrader its taking only 3mins to start and load the dashboard. I want autotrader to start and run before i am login to the vm. Could you please provide a solution for this? Anyone else facing the same problem?February 11, 2020 at 8:30 am
Sir,February 12, 2020 at 3:53 am
We have not heard about this problem. This might be due AutoTrader being started as a scheduled task.
It would not be possible to dig deep into this problem as this is very specific.
But we are going the change entire AutoTrader architecture & the new product AutoTrader-Web will be our in May, 2020.
If you see any issues with the upgraded release, then we will investigate.
Also note that normally AutoTrader takes around 30 seconds to startup; but this really depends on you CPU speed and memory.