It is obvious from the error that it happens under following situations:
- When the API key (of AutoTrader Web) used by the user is wrong OR
- When the user has been disabled by AutoTrader Web
- Mostly due API limits breach
What is API Key?
API key of AutoTrader Web is a unique secret key given to the user. It is used for authentication by the AutoTrader Web APIs.
The AutoTrader Web APIs can be used directly by the users using various tools or libraries. It is also used by AutoTrader Web’s PMS web application.
Depending on the reason for the error, you can do the following:
- If error is because the user regenerated the API Key
- User can simply logout from the application & log back in
- If error is due to incorrect API Key
- Go to Settings -> API Key
- View the Key & enter the correct key in your app or code
- If error is due to user being disable (mostly happens when API limits are breached by user’s algo or code)
- Contact support to get the user enabled again