This happens when a user enters wrong trading platform credentials in AutoTrader. It results in AutoTrader trying to login with wrong credentials and your trading account gets blocked due to unsuccessful attempts.
Note: AutoTrader Web is designed to retry failed login only once. So in total it will make only two attempts for a single request. The problem arises when a user clicks refresh, opens a trading screen on AT Web or his trading system makes another API request; then the system will try to login again. This creates more than two login attempts, as a result your trading account gets blocked.
- If you are running Dekstop client (at-desktop), then first close it.
- Go to the trading platform of your stock broker & unblock your account.
- For Finvasia Shoonya, make sure you do not enable secure login, which asks for additional 4-digit MPIN
- (In some cases) you may need to change the trading platform password
- Go to AutoTrader Web (Menu: Settings -> Trading Accounts). Open your trading account and add correct credentials (user id, password & security answer)
- It is recommended type in your credentials. This is because sometimes copy & paste adds invisible formatting characters. If you want to copy & paste, then do it from notepad.
- Click the Validate button to verify the credentials
- If your credentials are correct, you will see a success message.
- Otherwise you will see a failure message with the failure reason. You need to make corrections accordingly.
For AliceBlue ANT, We have noticed a rare issue wherein having correct credentials also causes account to get blocked. In such cases, please try following:
- Unblock the account & try using it on AutoTrader Web
- If none of the solutions work… Then use the old ANT platform, you can modify trading platform by going to AutoTrader Web menu (Settings -> Trading Account). Open your account & change trading platform to ANT. You can ignore the warning message.