Let’s understand how to add a Kotak Securities account in AutoTrader Web.
AutoTrader Web uses Kotak Securities trading APIs which are complete FREE.
Important: By default, Kotak onboards all new customers to their NEO api. This NEO api is NOT supported on AutoTrader Web yet. Please inform Kotak to keep your account on “Kotak Stock Trade (KS1)” api.
Step 1: Register & create Kotak APIs
- Contact Kotak customer care & ask them to send you Kotak API Manager login details
- Important: Kotak has TWO api manager servers. Depending on your location, your login will work on “any one” of the following two servers.
- Click the Sign-In button on top right
- Click Applications button on top (See screenshot 1 below)
- Click on the Default Application link (See screenshot 1 below)
- You will be on the Overview page, scroll down
- Click Manage>> link in the Production Keys section (See screenshot 2 below)
- Click Generate Access Token button
- Enter access token validity period as minus 2 (-2) (See screenshot 3 below)
- Click Generate button
- We need Consumer Key & Access Token from this page (See screenshot 4 below)
- Keep this browser tab open & login to AutoTrader Web to follow next step
Step 2: Add Trading Account
- Go to AutoTrader Web menu (Settings -> Trading Accounts)
- Click Create button
- Select Broker as Kotak
- Enter your Kotak login id
- Enter your Kotak password
- Enter your Consumer Key
- Enter your Access Token
- Click Validate & Save
- That’s it, you have successfully added your Kotak Securities account. Do not forget to read these known limitations.