Let’s understand how to add a Kotak Securities account in AutoTrader Web.
AutoTrader Web uses Kotak Securities trading APIs which are complete FREE.
Step 1: Register & create Kotak APIs
- Contact Kotak customer care & ask them to send you Kotak API Manager login details
- Important: Kotak has TWO api manager servers. Depending on your location, your login will work on “any one” of the following two servers.
- Click the Sign-In button on top right
- Click Applications button on top (See screenshot 1 below)
- Click on the Default Application link (See screenshot 1 below)
- You will be on the Overview page, scroll down
- Click Manage>> link in the Production Keys section (See screenshot 2 below)
- Click Generate Access Token button
- Enter access token validity period as minus 2 (-2) (See screenshot 3 below)
- Click Generate button
- We need Consumer Key & Access Token from this page (See screenshot 4 below)
- Keep this browser tab open & login to AutoTrader Web to follow next step
Step 2: Add Trading Account
- Go to AutoTrader Web menu (Settings -> Trading Accounts)
- Click Create button
- Select Broker as Kotak
- Enter your Kotak login id
- Enter your Kotak password
- Enter your Consumer Key
- Enter your Access Token
- Click Validate & Save
- That’s it, you have successfully added your Kotak Securities account. Do not forget to read these known limitations.