The goal here is to enable TOTP in your Fyers account & get the TOTP Key.
1. Enable TOTP & get the Key
- Go to My Account and click on ‘Manage Account’ (Under your profile). (See screenshot 1 below)
- Scroll down, and you will see ‘External 2FA TOTP’, click on ‘Enable.’ A QR code will pop up along with the instructions.
- IMPORTANT: Just below the QR code you will see a link (Click here to copy the key). Click on that link to copy the key & save it somewhere. We will need this later. (See screenshot 2 below)
- Open any of your Authenticator Apps (such as Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy, etc.) on your smartphone.
- Click on ‘Scan a QR code’ under Add an Account Section and allow access to the phone camera.
- Enter your 4 digit PIN first. Scan the QR code displayed in the My Account; a 6-digit TOTP will be generated (Valid for 30 Days).
- Click on Enable; your TOTP will be set up successfully.
- Note: Only once you have enabled TOTP, then proceed with next steps.
2. Setup your account in AutoTrader Web
- On AutoTrader Web, go to menu (Settings -> Trading Accounts)
- If you are adding account for first time then click Create button, otherwise click on the login id of your Fyers account to go to Edit mode.
- Select broker Fyers
- Select platform FYERS_OTP
- Enter your Fyers login id
- Enter your Fyers password
- Enter your TOTP secret key
- Enter your 4 digit pin
- Click Validate button
- On successful validation, click save to the account
- That’s it, you have successfully added your Fyers account. Do not forget to read these known limitations.